👋 I’m Ty.
I was the Director of Marketing at Appcues, where I helped people improve their user onboarding via strategies and our SaaS product.
I'm just getting started at UiPath—the fastest growing enterprise SaaS of all time—where I'll be building an elite team to create industry-moving Product Marketing Content.
Before Appcues I was the first marketer at Work Market, where I helped the team scale from $250k-$8M in ARR.
I love building audiences—on Twitter, at a conference, for a blog—whatever.
Subscribe to learn how I get over 1k upvotes on Product Hunt, build a blog audience from 0 to 100k uniques, and scale self-service sales by 10x.
I enjoy sharing growth wins.
Events I've spoken at:
- GrowthHackers Conference 2018: Finding Growth Leverage through Onboarding & Activation
- Forget The Funnel: How Startup Marketing is Like Learning to Surf
- VentureApp's #BestMindsInMarketing Scaling Customer Acquisition Strategies at an Early Stage Company
- Test Prep & Tutoring Professionals: Creating Your Digital Marketing Footprint
Podcasts I've appeared on:
- The Growth TL;DR: How to Improve User Onboarding? Should you Choose Freemium or Free Trial?
- Freshworks—Mind the Gap: The most impactful growth metric (And why it’s not acquisition or retention)
- Demio: How Appcues Grew to 2.5M/ARR using a "Laser-Focused" Content Marketing Approach
- Earnworthy: The Growth Marketing Toolbox
- Intandemly: Acquisition, Product, And Virality
Some guest posts I've written:
- OpenView: How to Align Your Team for User Onboaridng Success
- AdRoll: Converting Leads into Paying Customers with Retargeting
- Mind The Prouct: Customer Retention Hacking
Favorite Appcues posts I've written:
- Sean Ellis’ Secret Framework for Unlocking Organic Growth
- How Google Improves User Experience with the HEART Framework
- We Categorized 327 User Onboarding Experiences Into 9 UI / UX Patterns
- 76 Tips to Optimize User Onboarding [SlideShare]
You can read more content on user onboarding than anywhere else on the planet on the Appcues blog. That's where I've written the most.
Other cool things:
I also enjoy sharing personal wins.
Here's a personal piece I wrote for Thought Catalog on my experience as a young father: The Pros And Cons Of Having A Baby At Age 17 [10 Years Later]
Want to get in touch? ty [dot] magnin [at] gmail [dot] com