👋 I’m Ty.
I am the Director of Marketing at Appcues, where we help people create digital product experiences their users love.
Before Appcues I was the first marketer at Work Market, where I helped the team scale from $250k-$8M in ARR.
I love building audiences—on Twitter, at a conference, for a blog—whatever.
Subscribe to learn how I get over 1k upvotes on Product Hunt, build a blog audience from 0 to 100k uniques, and scale self-service sales by 10x.
I enjoy sharing growth wins.
Events I've spoken at:
- GrowthHackers Conference 2018: Finding Growth Leverage through Onboarding & Activation
- Forget The Funnel: How Startup Marketing is Like Learning to Surf
- VentureApp's #BestMindsInMarketing Scaling Customer Acquisition Strategies at an Early Stage Company
- Test Prep & Tutoring Professionals: Creating Your Digital Marketing Footprint
Podcasts I've appeared on:
- Demio: How Appcues Grew to 2.5M/ARR using a "Laser-Focused" Content Marketing Approach
- Earnworthy: The Growth Marketing Toolbox
- Intandemly: Acquisition, Product, And Virality
Some guest posts I've written:
- AdRoll: Converting Leads into Paying Customers with Retargeting
- Apptimize: User Onboarding at Different Stages of Growth
- Mind The Prouct: Customer Retention Hacking
Favorite Appcues posts I've written:
- Sean Ellis’ Secret Framework for Unlocking Organic Growth
- How Google Improves User Experience with the HEART Framework
- We Categorized 327 User Onboarding Experiences Into 9 UI / UX Patterns
- 76 Tips to Optimize User Onboarding [SlideShare]
You can read more content on user onboarding than anywhere else on the planet on the Appcues blog. That's where I write the most.
Other cool things:
I also enjoy sharing personal wins.
Here's a personal piece I wrote for Thought Catalog on my experience as a young father: The Pros And Cons Of Having A Baby At Age 17 [10 Years Later]
Want to get in touch? ty [dot] magnin [at] gmail [dot] com